Week 1 April 28- May 2, 2014.
Week 2 May 5 - 9, 2014
Practice Papers End Of Year
Please ensure you re-visit all pages on this site and past worksheets and test papers in preparation for the end of year examinations.
Week 3 May 12 - 16, 2014
Home Work Due Tuesday May 13, 2014. Odd Numbers Only
Test May 20, 2014.
Topic : Linear Functions and Inequalities
Week 4 May 19 - 22, 2014
Grade 8 Transformational Geometry
The following will be completed in weeks 4 and 5.
· Students should be able to:
1. Transform 2D shapes by rotation, reflection and translation – about the origin / different points
2. define a translation
3 translate figures using co-ordinates
4. identify co-ordinate of image
5. identify translation vector given an object and its image
6. define reflection
7. identify lines of symmetry
8. reflect shapes in given lines: x-axis, y-axis, ,
9. state relation between an object and its image in a plane when reflected in a line in that plane
10. identify image of object reflected
11. find image of points rotated about the origin in a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction
12. find image of a point rotated about other centres
13. Transform combinations of these transformations.
Week 5 May 27 - 30, 2014
Please print study guide and start re-doing questions related to each sections.
Week 6 June 2 - 6, 2014
Note: Transformational Geometry Test on Wednesday June 4, 2014. Refection and translation.
Students please note we will be going through the packet below and you may have it printed or bring your device in order to access it.